Money Sense is a four-hour workshop that teaches money management basics to empower you to take charge of your finances and create your own wealth.
- Stop living paycheck to paycheck
- Save for the things you need
- Get credit cards under control
- Fix your credit report
What Will I Learn?
- The value of credit and why you need it
- The cost of credit and when to use it
- How to pull and fix your credit report free
- How to create a spending plan
- How to stay within your budget
- Why you should save and how to do it
- How to invest for retirement
- Types of loans and how to get one
- Basic banking terms, rates, and fees
How will it Help? Money Sense will help you build financial stability and independence. It will teach you the basic skills you need to make sound financial decisions for yourself and your family.
- Stay caught up with your bills
- Save on fees and interest charges
- Raise your credit score
- Invest for the future
When Can I Start? Money Sense is facilitated in Panama City weekly, and at all other Career Training Centers once every month.
- Panama City: 2520 W 23rd Street, two-part class, Mon & Wed, 9-11am
- Tallahassee: 300 Mabry Street, one Friday morning every 2 months
- Valparaiso: 143 John Sims Pkwy, one Friday morning every 2 months
All classes are free to the public. To register for Money Sense and learn how to get your finances under control, contact the Career Training Center nearest you.