Why Americorps Goodwill GoodWorks!?
- One year to make a difference
- A chance to make your mark
- Experience that will change your life and others
- Serving as an AmeriCorps member is a way to put servant leadership into action
- If you are willing to share your time and experience in making a difference in the lives of the disabled and disadvantaged in your community-Americorps Goodwill GoodWorks! is FOR YOU.
Program: The purpose of AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks! is to provide training and employment services to the disabled and disadvantaged, as well as providing assistance to the homeless population. This is done by members:
- Recruiting volunteers
- Completing barrier assessments
- Removing barriers
- Referring to services
- Providing financial literacy classes
- Providing computer skills classes
- Providing one-on-one, on-the-job training
- Offering employability skills
- Provide community resources to parents with children with disabilities
Positions: Three positions available:
- Volunteer Developer
- Resource Connector
Full time: (Locations: Springfield, Hiland Park) 1700 hours; living allowance, health insurance, child care, $5,550 education award*
Half time: (Locations: Panama City Rescue Mission, Quincy, Chipley, Marianna, Port St. Joe, Valparaiso, Tallahassee) 900 hours; living allowance; $2,775 education award*
Reduced half time: (Location: Homeless & Hunger Coalition of NW FL) 675 hours; living allowance; $2,114 education award*
Quarter time: (Locations: Tallahassee, Panama City Beach) 450 hours; living allowance; $1,468 education award*
Minimum time: (Location: Springfield, Tallahassee, Chipley, Valparaiso, Marianna, Panama City, PC Rescue Mission, Hiland Park, Dick Howser Center) 300 hours; $1,175 education award*
*All positions include an education award but not all slots include a living allowance.
Volunteer positions available at all locations to fit your weekday schedule.
- Real-life education and service
- Learn teamwork, communication, responsibility, and other essential skills that will help you for the rest of your life
- Gain personal satisfaction by accepting a challenge and seeing results
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Learn skills that can be utilized in other organizations upon completion of your service
- Opportunity to do something special, unique and exciting
To apply, log onto www.americorps.gov and search for the program name: Goodwill GoodWorks!
For more information on the program call 850-522-3900